The thought of termites in your home can be worrisome, especially when you consider the damage they can cause. At Masters Touch, we have over 25 years of experience dealing with termites in Southeastern PA. Concerned about termites? Check out these tips:
Common Signs of a Termite Infestation
In Southeastern Pennsylvania, the most common termites are subterranean termites. These termites survive on contact from the soil, making the ground underneath and around your home the perfect place for them to take shelter. Here are common signs to keep an eye out for if you think you are dealing with a termite infestation:
- Mud tubes (small tunnels usually near the foundation, typically the size of a pencil)
- Hollow wood around your house
- Discarded wings (often found near entry points like windows and doors)
- Maze-like patterns on your baseboards, trim, flooring, etc.
Think you might have termites? Take action and call the professionals at Masters Touch today!
Top Tips to Help Reduce A Termite Infestation
For many homeowners, your house is one of your biggest investments. If you do not currently have a termite infestation, take the proactive approach and protect your home from future damage. Below are preventative measures you can take:
- Remove unnecessary moisture. Termites survive on food and water so it is important to check for any plumbing issues, negative grading, or poor drainage around your property.
- Limit wood around your home. It is no secret that termites like to eat wood! Limit the wood to soil contact, wood piles, and heavy mulch buildup near your property.
- Avoid debris build-up. Keep your gutters and areas around your home clear of debris to allow for proper drainage.
- Create a barrier around your home. At Masters Touch, we create a barrier of liquid treatment to the soil around your property. Enjoy our hassle-free, preventative termite control solutions!
Trust the Professionals to Get Rid of Termites!
Although you may be tempted to try to get rid of termites on your own, professional termite control is the best solution to treat a current infestation and prevent one in the future. If you’ve taken preventative measures and are ready for the next plan of attack, we are here to help! We provide family-friendly soil treatments that quickly and effectively treat your home for subterranean termites. Trust the professionals at Masters Touch when it comes to termite control in Southeastern PA. With decades of experience serving homeowners in the local area, you can count on us to help reclaim your home from termites and prevent any future infestations.