Effective Vole Control Tips: How To Get Rid Of Voles Safely And Quickly
June 17, 2023
Voles are small rodents that look like mice or moles but with shorter tails and rounder bodies. They can cause damage to lawns, gardens, and other outdoor spaces. While there are several methods to get rid of voles, it's essential to prioritize safety and avoid using harmful practices. Physical barriers and natural repellents will repel voles from your outdoor space but may not be as effective as professional vole pest control.
Working with a Downingtown pest control company with mole elimination experience will provide the most effective results.
Signs You Have A Vole Problem In Your Yard
Voles are active year-round and damage lawns and gardens by feeding on the roots of plants as they tunnel underground. The following are visible signs that you may have a vole problem in your yard:
- Voles dig shallow tunnels that run just under the surface of the ground. You can often see these tunnels in areas of the lawn or garden where the grass is shorter or the soil is exposed.
- Voles leave small, pellet-shaped droppings along their runways or near their burrow entrances.
- Damage to lawns is caused by feeding on the roots of grass plants, which can cause dead patches to appear.
If you notice any of these signs in your yard, it's a good idea to contact a professional vole control service before the vole population grows out of control.
The Destruction Voles Can Create In Your Yard
The destruction caused by voles in your yard can be significant. They feed on plant roots, fruits, bulbs, grasses, and other vegetation, thus damaging plants as they search for food. Voles also dig tunnels throughout yards destroying lawns, gardens, and even trees. Voles also create burrows which can cause further damage to a yard. These burrows are shallow tunnels, usually two to four inches deep, and run through grassy areas and garden beds. Voles also create runways, which are shallow pathways between patches of grass. These pathways look like tracks and provide easy access for them to search for food.
Damage from voles is not just limited to garden beds and lawns. They can also damage trees by gnawing away at tree bark or roots and girdling them. Girdling is when the vole chews away at the bark all the way around a tree trunk, preventing it from receiving the necessary nutrients it needs to grow, which can lead to the death of the tree.
To prevent voles in Downingtown from damaging your yard, engage vole control experts who know how to deter voles from your yard.
The Safe And Effective Way To Get Rid Of Voles
The best way to control voles is to engage Master Touch Pest Solutions. We are a locally owned and family operated pest control company that has served the Downingtown area since 1991. Endorsed by the National Pest Management Association, we are committed to keeping families and pets safe through the use of innovative treatment technologies.
At Master Touch Pest Solutions, we understand the importance of customer satisfaction and take every measure to ensure you have a positive experience with us. We guarantee results from our services and offer a variety of options to meet your needs. Our technicians go above and beyond to provide friendly and knowledgeable services, so you can rest easy knowing your home is free from pests. Contact us today and ask us about our vole control services.
Four Practical Vole Prevention Tips For Around The Garden
Voles can cause significant damage to gardens and yards by feeding on roots and bulbs, gnawing on bark, and creating tunnels that can damage the soil structure. Here are four practical tips for vole control in Downingtown:
- Install physical barriers using hardware cloth, mesh, or wire around your garden or individual plants to keep voles out. You can also wrap the trunk of trees with a metal mesh to prevent voles from gnawing on the bark.
- Clean up any fallen leaves, plant debris, or other organic material around your garden to discourage voles from taking up residence.
- Remove any potential nesting sites by cutting the grass short and removing any brush piles or debris around your garden.
- Use natural repellents, such as garlic, onions, or other strong-smelling herbs, around the perimeter of your garden.
We're always available at Master Touch Pest Solutions to answer your questions about controlling voles and providing the prevention and removal of voles from your property.