How To Remove Stinging Insects In West Chester
May 28, 2022
Having pests that sting in your West Chester home or on your property is undoubtedly concerning, especially for households that include children, pets, and older folks.
Stinging pests, if provoked, can cause painful welts and other side effects, something that is significantly worse for those with an allergy. To err on the safe side, it’s best to avoid coming in close contact with these pests and leave the work to the pest control professionals.
Read on to learn more about how to identify stinging insects in West Chester and why DIY removal can be dangerous. We’ll also explain why professional stinging insect control is best and how to prevent stinging insects.
How To Identify Stinging Insects In West Chester
Several types of stinging insects live in West Chester, mainly including different species of bees, hornets, and wasps. Here’s how to identify them:
- Bumblebees are among the most common stinging insects in West Chester. They are large with fuzzy, round bodies, typically red and black, but may also be orange and black or red and black, depending on the species.
- Hornets in West Chester include yellow jackets, bald-faced hornets, European hornets, and mud daubers. Each species has a distinct look, but hornets have longer and more slender bodies than bees, with little to no hair.
- Paper wasps are the most-common wasp in West Chester. They have long legs and antennae and are brown with yellow or, less commonly, red markings.
How DIY Removal Can Be Dangerous
Removing stinging insects without the help of professional pest control can result in painful welts and irritation. Suppose someone allergic to the venom of bees, hornets, and wasp is stung. In that case, they can experience severe reactions, such as swelling of the throat or tongue and difficulty breathing, which requires immediate medical attention. As a result, it’s wise to enlist the help of pest control services.
Why Professional Stinging Insect Control Is Best
Professional pest control services will remove bees, hornets, and wasps from your home without the hassle and do so quickly, safely, and effectively.
Masters Touch Pest Solutions is a local pest control company that’s been serving home and property owners in West Chester for more than 30 years. A company with family-focused values, we are committed to keeping your family, children, pets, customers, and employees safe—and we have the necessary equipment to complete the job.
If you have stinging insects or other pests on your West Chester property, call Masters Touch Pest Solutions today at 610-822-9975.
How To Prevent Stinging Insects
Aside from professional pest control services, the second-best defense against stinging insects and other pests is preventative action. Here are six ways to keep stinging pests away.
- Refrigerate fresh fruit and put away all sweet foods, such as cereals, candies, and syrups.
- Maintain your property, including cutting the grass, clipping overgrown tree limbs, and cleaning up fallen leaves.
- Plant flowers and garden plants away from your home, and always leave the proper amount of room between your home's foundation and any greenery.
- Keep your windows and doors shut, and be sure to check for damage to screens occasionally.
- Properly store trash in lidded containers and cover compost piles.
- Occasionally check your yard for nests and any holes in the ground. Both are indicative of bees, wasps, or hornets.
Bees, hornets, and wasps aren’t pleasant houseguests. Don't put yourself through that stress if you have these pests in your home or property. Masters Touch Pest Solutions will remove the infestation and ensure they never return.