The Secret To Effective Cockroach Control In West Chester
January 21, 2022
It’s been a long day. You finally get to turn off all of the lights and get into bed. As you sink into the comfort of your mattress, enveloped by the soft sheets on your skin, you drift off to sleep before waking up a few hours later feeling incredibly thirsty. You try to ignore it and go back to sleep, but you just can’t shake it. You get up and venture to the kitchen for a glass of water. You turn on the light and that’s when you see them. Cockroaches! They scurry back to their hiding spot as soon as the light hits them, but it’s too late. You now know cockroaches are in your home, and that's not okay.
If you find a cockroach in your house, you may be thinking, “Did I miss the signs of a cockroach infestation?” And more importantly, you may be wondering how to get rid of cockroaches in West Chester. Thankfully, Masters Touch Pest Control in West Chester is here to help!
Cockroaches are dangerous and invasive pests, and you certainly do not want to be sharing your space with them. Some bugs mistaken for cockroaches are water bugs, crickets, and some species of beetles. Cockroaches have flattened oval-shaped bodies. They have six legs covered in spines and antennae that are typically the same length as their bodies, if not longer.
The Types Of Cockroaches That Invade West Chester Homes
West Chester is home to several different cockroach species. The following are the four we see the most often:
- German cockroaches: Slightly smaller, this species has two black stripes running down behind their heads. They are hardy and reproduce rapidly, making them hard to get rid of.
- American cockroaches: Larger than their German counterparts, American cockroaches have a distinctive, yellowish figure-8 pattern located behind their heads. They are strong fliers.
- Oriental cockroaches: These particular roaches have smooth, shiny bodies. Water beetles are common bugs mistaken for cockroaches, so be sure to look at pictures of both if you find a cockroach in your house. Oriental cockroaches emit a powerful and unpleasant musty smell.
- Wood cockroaches: This least dangerous species of roach enjoys the moist conditions that the outdoors has to offer them. If one wanders inside, he is an accidental invader that has most likely lost his way and is not one of the signs of a cockroach infestation.
How Roaches In Your Home Can Be Harmful To Your Health
Cockroaches are filthy creatures that pose numerous health risks to people and pets. Before they invade your home, they travel through drains, sewers, garbage, and feces. They can spread a wide range of bacteria, parasites, viruses, and human pathogens that can cause dysentery, diarrhea, and salmonella poisoning. The feces and shedded skins that cockroaches leave behind can cause skin rashes, asthma attacks, and allergic reactions in people, especially younger children.
The Most Effective Way To Get Rid Of Cockroaches In Your Home
If you have Googled “how to get rid of cockroaches in West Chester,” then you are well aware that hiring the professionals at Masters Touch Pest Control is the best way to kill cockroaches. Our pest control services stop cockroaches from living and nesting in West Chester homes. Our highly trained technicians are experts at performing thorough inspections and providing modern treatments to effectively and safely eliminate your current cockroach problem and prevent future issues. Visit our website and sign up for your free estimate today!
Natural Ways To Prevent Cockroaches From Returning To Your Home
We understand some people prefer to try natural remedies first. The following tips may help to deter these pests from choosing your property to make their nests:
- Place weather stripping around windows and doors.
- Seal spaces around cables, wires, and pipes entering your home from outdoors.
- Store your food in the fridge or air-tight containers.
- Use dehumidifiers and repair leaky pipes and fixtures to reduce moisture.
- Wipe up any food or drink spills immediately.
- Vacuum your floors regularly for crumbs.
These tips help reduce the chances of roaches getting into your home. However, once you see one of the pests scurrying across your floors in the middle of the night, the most effective and best way to kill cockroaches is by hiring the experts at Masters Touch Pest Control. Contact us for a free estimate today!