What Can I Do About Wasps Around My West Chester Home?
June 24, 2022
Wasps are notorious for making one run for cover. But when you’re afraid of going into your own home, it’s an indication that you have a wasp problem. The secret to success is to address the wasp problem early before it becomes an infestation.
To protect and safeguard your West Chester home from wasps, contact pest control In West Chester.
What Are These Wasps Around My Home?
Wasp identification is essential to determine wasp prevention methods and to know the severity of health risks if you, your family, or a visitor to your home is stung.
Native to West Chester, you’re going to find these wasps around your home:
- Digger Wasps: This wasp is black with yellow stripes on the abdomen and has translucent wings.
- Yellow Jackets: Short black and yellow bodies identify them with six to seven abdominal stripes.
- Cicada Killer Wasps: These wasps are typically black with minimal yellow markings or stripes. Their eyes can be red or black and are far apart on their head. Their legs can vary from red to orange in color.
- Bald-Faced Hornets: Black bodies identify this hornet with a predominantly white-patterned face.
- Paper Wasps: These are similar to yellow jackets, but their bodies are more slender and long and black and yellow.
- Mud Daubers: These are usually black in color, have clear or dark wings and are known for their thin, ‘threaded’ waist.
Wasps are not a pest you want to get up close and personal to. Learning how to identify each wasp species and repel them will most certainly help make your home less attractive to them.
Why Wasps Build Nests Around West Chester Homes
When wasps choose to build nests on or around homes, it’s for a reason. There is something particular about your home that’s attracting them. The following are wasp attractants:
- Safe Refuge: The insulated walls of your home, as well as cracks and crevices, provide the perfect shelter to build nests.
- Scraps of Meat: Wasps love left-out meat, say after a cookout. They will come and dispose of it for you.
- Flowering Plants: Wasps love the nectar of flowers and the scent.
- Other Insects: If you see wasps hovering over different parts of the grass, they’re hunting for other insects, especially if you have a garden.
- Sweet Food: Similar to meat, wasps like sweet foods as well, like sodas and desserts; you’ll also see more wasps if you have fruit trees.
Pay close attention to your home and yard for reasons that may cause wasps to build nests and stay around your home. Immediately call West Chester pest control to handle your wasp issue.
What To Do When Wasps Infest
When wasps have infested your home or yard, you must immediately schedule wasp control services. In addition to wasp control, you’ll want to take steps to seal any open cracks or crevices and replace the torn window and door screens. These steps will help keep wasps away, especially after initial wasp removal.
The Best Way To Remove Wasps From Your Property
The best and most effective way to remove pests and their nests from your property are with professional wasp nest removal in West Chester. These pests are not only a nuisance, but they’re incredibly dangerous to have anywhere near your home.
At Masters Touch Pest Solutions, we not only know all the different types of wasps in West Chester and surrounding areas, but we have the proper equipment and knowledge to eliminate them from your home safely and effectively correctly.
If you notice wasps around your home and feel unsafe, call us at Masters Touch Pest Solutions, and we will rid your home of these pests.