What It Takes To Get Rid Of An Ant Infestation In Your West Chester Home
January 11, 2023
Ants are tricky to get rid of because many store-bought treatments are only effective for a short while and do not always reach the queen.
If ants have started to invade your home, it is time to learn the clear signs of an ant infestation, discover the many problems ants can create in your home, and apply five tips to prevent future problems. If you are struggling with an ant infestation, Masters Touch Pest Solutions provides pest control in West Chester that you can rely on to permanently eliminate these tiny invaders.
Clear Signs You Have An Ant Infestation In Your Home
Many signs indicate that you have an ant infestation in your home, including these:
- You can’t leave food out: When you are not struggling with a pest infestation, you should be able to leave food out occasionally without it taken over by ants or other insects. If leftovers are covered in ants quickly, you are likely dealing with an infestation.
- You find ants in food packages: Ants are not always out in the open. If they have located a food source inside cupboards, you might only see them in food packages not appropriately sealed.
- You see ants inside your home or ant trails: If despite your best efforts, you see ants inside your home or find ant trails throughout, it could mean that they have found food, water, or shelter and are establishing a colony.
- You find a high number of ants in your yard: It is normal to have ants in your yard in reasonable amounts. But if you see many ant hills outdoors, some of them might have made their way indoors, and you might need indoor and outdoor ant control.
If you notice any of these signs of an ant infestation, you need to learn about the many problems ants can create in your home. While having a few ants here and there is not usually a big deal, you could run into some issues if their colony grows too big, and you need to consider professional pest control ant treatments.
The Many Problems Ants Can Create In Your Home
Ants can cause many problems in your home. One is an increased risk of potentially contracting concerning illnesses, such as E. coli, shigella, salmonella, and streptococcus. A lot of these are food-borne illnesses that can be transmitted through ants invading your food supply; this, in turn, will require you to discard contaminated food, causing more expenses in addition to treating the infestation.
Some types of ants can also cause significant property destruction and can be aggressive. Carpenter ants will chew galleries through the wood to build their nests, and fire ants and velvet ants can be aggressive and inflict painful bites. Finally, some others, like odorous ants, release an offensive smell when crushed.
To find out if you need to take steps to eliminate your infestation depending on the type of ant you are dealing with, reach out to our licensed professionals, and read on to learn about the best way to get rid of ants in your home to avoid similar problems.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Ants In Your Home
The best way to get rid of ants in your home is to treat an existing infestation while also using effective prevention methods to ensure it does not return.
At Masters Touch Pest Solutions, we offer top-rated ant control in West Chester to make your home a safe haven for good. Even if some ants are relatively inoffensive, we understand that you might not want them on your property and want them exterminated safely and effectively. Thanks to our pest control experience spanning over 30 years and our dedication to excellent customer care, we can help you eliminate your ant problem and prevent it from returning. Once the infestation is taken care of, you must implement preventative measures.
Five Tips To Prevent Future Ant Infestations
These five ant prevention tips are very effective in preventing future infestations:
- Keep food safely stored away from ants: This is one of the most effective ways to prevent ants from coming indoors.
- Schedule regular inspections with a professional company: Licensed technicians can determine if you will likely have an ant problem again.
- Seal cracks in the structure of your home: Cutting off entry points can help deter ants.
- Keep your yard clean and tidy: If ants cannot grow out of control outdoors, they are less likely to do so indoors.
- Fix all water leaks: Ants are attracted to water and food. It is essential to fix leaks and remove sources of stagnant water.
Due to these ant control prevention tips and regular treatments, you have a good chance of keeping ants at bay long-term.
If you wish to eliminate ants in your West Chester home, an effective and affordable option is to cut their access to food, water, and shelter and use ant control solutions proven to work.