Why Am I Seeing Spiders In My West Chester Home In The Winter?
January 7, 2023
Even if many types of spiders play an essential role in the ecosystem, many people fear them and do not want them in their homes. If you are seeing spiders on your property and would rather get rid of them, now is the time to learn about the different types of spiders. Find out if it is dangerous to have spiders in your home, and get educated on the various reasons why these predatory creatures are attracted to your property.
If you are struggling with a spider infestation, Masters Touch Pest Solutions can help you eliminate it with top-rated pest control in West Chester.
How Can I Tell What Kind Of Spiders Are In My House?
You can tell which types of spiders are in your home by comparing them to this list of spiders you might encounter in Pennsylvania:
- House spiders: House spiders are generally brown but can also be a dark shade of gray and often have a V-shaped marking on their abdomen.
- Wolf spiders: Some of the largest spiders in the area have hairy bodies and eyes that glow in the dark.
- Orb-weavers: These spiders are usually found outdoors and recognized by their spiral-looking wheel-shaped webs.
- Black widow spiders: Black widow spiders have a red hourglass shape under the abdomen.
- Brown recluse spiders: They have a violin-shaped pattern on their cephalothorax.
If you see these types of spiders in your house, read about how dangerous they can be.
Is It Dangerous To Have Spiders In My Home?
Many spiders cannot successfully bite humans and are more of a nuisance than anything else. However, brown recluses and black widow spiders are venomous, and you must avoid them because of their dangerous bites. It is best to rely on the services of a pest control company with experience in dealing with spider infestations to be on the safe side. You will also want to find out why you are currently dealing with lots of spiders in your house.
Why Do I Have A Lot Of Spiders In My House?
There are several reasons why you might have many spiders in your house, for instance:
- They are finding sustenance: Spiders often come in if they know they can find food in your home. Keeping trash cans clean and emptying them regularly, cleaning your kitchen and dining room often and especially at night, and sweeping and mopping floors can help.
- They are finding easy ways to get in: Spiders are often relatively small and can come in through tiny cracks in the structure of your home. Once inside, they can then reproduce regularly.
- Your home provides shelter: Spiders might want to escape the elements. Spiders might try starting clusters there if your home has quiet and dark spaces like basements, attics, and garages.
If you see more spiders in your home than you would like, it is time to read about the best way to get rid of spiders for good.
What's The Best Way To Get Rid Of Spiders In My Home?
The best way to get rid of spiders in your home is to schedule a thorough home inspection and decide on the best treatment plan based on your situation. At Masters Touch Pest Solutions, we are committed to helping you eliminate your pest problems safely and effectively, but without fear tactics. We will educate you on how dangerous your invaders are, help you get rid of spiders naturally, and eliminate existing infestations with the best treatments available.
Contact us today for a free quote and schedule a home visit with our licensed technicians, who can put your spider problem behind you for good.