Why You Should Call The Pros About Roaches In Your West Chester, PA Home
February 19, 2021
Few West Chester, PA homeowners would be nonchalant if insects and creatures were rampant on their property. Pests have many gross and worrisome characteristics. The majority harbor germs that can cultivate illness in humans and pets alike. If you’re spared from visiting the doctor, you still may have issues. Your domicile or personal effects could be damaged by creepy crawlers. The risk level heightens if the critter in question can get indoors with ease and reproduce quickly. Such is the case with cockroaches.
Cockroaches die hard. The formidable bugs can sometimes survive extreme weather and might have immunity to commercial insecticides. Folks often resort to “do it yourself” methods to combat these bugs, but those avenues are just as faulty. Find out why and how you can really eliminate them with Masters Touch Pest Solutions.
What Cockroaches Are Common In West Chester? What Are The Dangers?
German and oriental cockroaches are two of the species that are dominant in the region. Once they’ve reached adulthood, the German bugs are around 0.51 to 0.62 of an inch long. As far as their color, they are brown or tan. You’ll see them running before they use their wings to fly. Their young have a different look, being wingless and all black. However, both have black horizontal bands behind their heads. The oriental subgroup is black or reddish-brown. In terms of size, they are about 0.98 of an inch long. By and large, cockroaches are sensitive to light and most active at night. Given this, catching any during the day is a sign of infestation. Further indicators include:
- Eggs. You’re liable to discover eggs in kitchens, bathrooms, and basements. They could be brown, tan, red, or black. Many are about an inch long.
- Droppings. Cockroach excrement is usually found in floor corners and drawers, and on surfaces and door frames. The German pests leave grainy particles.
- Odors. The secretions and communication chemicals of cockroaches are musty. Moreover, they can alter the flavor and scent of food.
It’s important to reiterate that cockroaches carry bacterial cells that will contaminate your food and surfaces. You or someone else may contract salmonella or gastroenteritis as a result. Pathogens and viruses tend to be developed as well. Those with asthma or allergy problems are likely to have reactions. Microbes are on the skin of cockroaches, and in their saliva, urine, and feces. The pests can pick up additional germs while they wriggle through nasty spaces, such as piping, gutters, garbage dumpsters, and alleys. They have spines on their legs that adhere to almost everything.
Are There Ways to Prevent Cockroaches? Can DIY (Do It Yourself) Methods Work
Shelf goods and independent options will only kill a few cockroaches; they won’t get to the heart of an infestation. In some cases, retail products are completely ineffective. They either won’t work at all, or cause the pests to spread their nests out. Another aspect to consider is the cost, which is typically high. Many items also come with a health risk. Instead, try the following:
- Close up holes in foundations, doors, windows, and utilities.
- Have moisture dysfunctions and broken fixtures repaired.
- Attach sweeps to all exterior doors.
- Routinely mow the lawn and trim greenery.
- Distance flowers and plants from the property by two feet.
- Put food and garbage in containers with secure lids.
- Regularly vacuum, wash dishes and take out the trash.
How Will Masters Touch Pest Solutions Handle Cockroaches?
The licensed and experienced technicians at Masters Touch Pest Solutions will execute a tailored treatment plan for cockroach populations. Our industrial-grade solutions are safe and thorough. Our wide-ranging and affordable plans include eco-friendly choices, recurring visits, and more! Call us today at Masters Touch Pest Solutions for a free quote!