Why You Should Call The Pros About Rodents On Your West Chester Property
February 8, 2022
When there is a mouse in the house, there are usually two schools of thought: those who think these types of rodents are adorable and those who will be on a chair trying to avoid it. But we can all agree that even if you do not have a fear of rodents, you still don’t want to be sharing your home with them, no matter how cute you think they are.
These little pests can cause damage to your property and carry diseases. DIY tricks to get rid of rodents can be ineffective and costly. Rodents in your West Chester home can only be properly gotten dealt with by using West Chester pest control.
The Types Of Rodents That Invade West Chester Properties
The four types of rodents most likely to invade your West Chester home are (from smallest to largest):
- House mice: These are the cute little rodents you most often see. Don’t get the wrong impression, though; house mice are not so cute when they are living in our homes. They breed rapidly and adapt quickly.
- Deer mice: The deer mouse rarely invades people’s homes, preferring to be outside in quiet, rural areas. However, they can be a problem in vacation homes, farming areas, and sheds.
- Roof rats: These pests get their name from their tendency to find shelter in the upper parts of buildings. They inflict damage and contaminate food everywhere they go.
- Norway rats: More commonly referred to as a street or sewer rat, Norway rats are rodents full of contradictions and surprises. Unlike their counterparts, this species has terrible vision and is colorblind, but they have no trouble using their other senses to get around. They are not very agile, yet they are commonly seen climbing, swimming, running, and jumping.
The Danger And Damage Rodents Can Create On Your Property
Rodents are formidable pests that you do not want in your house. Their flexible bodies allow them to squeeze through small cracks and spaces, and their sharp teeth enable them to chew through virtually anything.
In general, mice and rats are nocturnal rodents that you will only see or hear at night. You will likely hear them running around in your attic and walls and chewing on electrical wiring, AC ducts, and other items in your home. Besides causing serious and expensive damage to your house and property, rodent infestations also bring the risk of E. coli, salmonella, and parasites, such as fleas and ticks.
Why DIY Rodent Control Can Be A Waste Of Time And Money
Getting rid of mice and rats on your own can be very frustrating, time-consuming, and expensive. If you don’t take care of the problem the first time, you will worsen the situation. These nocturnal rodents are very smart and adapt quickly to change. If they catch wind that you are trying to exterminate them, they can do unusual things to protect themselves.
The best DIY solutions are to take precautions to protect your home to keep the rodents from getting inside in the first place. Here are a few tips:
- Seal your home’s exterior. Look for holes and cracks they can squeeze through. And don’t forget to check your roof; use chimney covers and mesh to cover vents.
- Keep your home clean by eliminating debris and reducing clutter.
- Repair any moisture issues such as leaky faucets or pipes.
- Keep your food in the refrigerator or sealed containers.
The most effective way to prevent or get rid of rodents is to hire professionals. The experts at Masters Touch Pest Solutions have the tools and experience to keep your home safe from these furry little creatures.
Contact The Professional For Safe And Effective Rodent Removal
Regardless of if you have a fear of rodents or not, handling a mouse or rat infestation on your own can do more damage than the rodents themselves. Master Touch Pest Solutions offers rodent control services for both commercial and residential properties. Contact us for a free estimate and see what we do to prevent and treat a rodent problem on your West Chester property.