West Chester is no stranger to rodents. These pests cause various problems in our homes, including gnawing on wires and furniture, spreading diseases, and contaminating food. Understanding rodent habits is essential to protect your home and prevent them from entering your property.
Masters Touch Pest Solutions has been offering expert rodent pest control in West Chester for over 30 years. We understand that every home is different, and we take a comprehensive approach to ensure that your home is rodent-free. We will discuss the most common types of rodents that invade homes in West Chester and some practical exclusion tips to keep them out. We will also talk about the most effective rodent control method for your home. Read on to learn more about these important tips and strategies.
Common Types Of Rodents That Invade West Chester Homes
Rodents in West Chester are small mammals with long noses and large incisors constantly growing. West Chester is home to several kinds of rodents that invade our homes and properties. Some of the most common rodents here include house mice, field mice, wood rats, meadow voles, and moles:
- House mice are small and typically range from two to three inches in length, with a tail as long. They have large ears, slender bodies, and pointed noses. You can identify these small rodents by their size and droppings, which are about half an inch long and shaped like rods or teardrops.
- Field mice are also small, with adults ranging from three to four inches in length with a tail that is just as long. Their bodies are slender, and their ears large, similar to house mice. They have stripes on their backs and droppings that look like rice or seeds.
- Wood rats are also pack rats and are typically four to six inches long with a tail as long. They have slender bodies, large ears, and small eyes. Wood rats are usually gray or brown in color, with lighter fur on their undersides.
- Meadow voles are small rodents about two to three inches long with a tail two to three inches long. They have small eyes and ears, blunt noses, and tiny claws. Meadow voles are usually gray or brown in color but can also be blackish-brown. They live in burrows, and if they're on your property, you may see signs of their activity, such as holes in the ground or damaged plants.
- Finally, moles are not rodents, but they, too, can be a problem on your property and cause damage. Moles have small eyes and ears, a blunt nose, and four front teeth that are constantly growing. They resemble mice in size and shape, except for their long, hairless tails.
While these rodents vary in appearance, they all share several common behaviors and habits that can make them challenging to eliminate. For example, they are all adept burrowers and can easily infiltrate your home through small openings or cracks in the foundation. Additionally, they tend to be active at night, making it even more difficult to identify and remove them.
If you suspect a problem with any of these rodents in your West Chester home or yard, you must contact an expert for professional rodent pest control. At Masters Touch Pest Solutions, our experienced technicians will work with you to identify the rodents in your home and devise a customized solution that effectively eliminates them. Contact us today to learn more about our West Chester pest control services.
Rodents Around Your Home Can Spread Disease And Cause Damage
No one enjoys discovering rodents in or around their home, but unfortunately, you often find these small pests living near our properties. Not only can they cause damage to your property, but they also carry dangerous diseases that can put you and your family at risk.
One of the most common diseases spread by rodents is hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, a severe respiratory illness that can cause flu-like symptoms. In some cases, this disease can even be fatal. Other serious diseases from rodents include rat bite fever, leptospirosis, and lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCM).
In addition to carrying and spreading dangerous diseases, rodents are also known for spreading bacteria, parasites, and other harmful organisms that can cause infections or illnesses.
Rodents in West Chester can also cause extensive damage to your property and belongings. For example, they have been known to chew through furniture, power cords, insulation, and even plastic pipes, leading to costly repairs and even pose a fire hazard.
A rodent problem is serious, so be sure to keep an eye out for signs of them, such as droppings, damaged food packaging, or chewed wires. Contact a professional pest control expert immediately if you suspect you may have rodents in your home, as this can help prevent health issues and damage to your property.
At Masters Touch Pest Solutions, our experienced technicians have the knowledge and tools necessary to identify and get rid of rodents in your home quickly and effectively. For over 30 years, we've provided West Chester residents with reliable rodent control solutions that help keep their properties free of disease-carrying rodents and other pests. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help protect your home from these unwanted invaders.
Four Practical Rodent Exclusion Tips For Around Your Home
While there are many different rodent control methods, one of the best ways to keep rodents out of your home is to implement effective exclusion techniques.
Here are a few practical tips for keeping rodents out of and away from your property:
- Seal any cracks or openings in your home's foundation or exterior walls, including air vents, pipes, and cable lines. You can use caulk, foam insulation, wire mesh, or other sealants to block these openings and keep rodents out effectively.
- Repair torn window screens, door sweeps, and loose weather stripping around windows and doors as this will help prevent rodents from gaining access to your home through openings in the exterior walls or foundations.
- Install metal or plastic mesh around crawl spaces; this will help prevent rodents from chewing through these openings and entering your home.
- Keep outdoor trash areas clean, as poorly stored food can attract rodents to your property. Regularly remove garbage cans from the exterior of your home, and store leftover food properly in airtight containers or the refrigerator.
If you are dealing with a rodent infestation in your home, it is essential to take action as soon as possible. Implementing a comprehensive rodent control program is the most effective way to get rid of rodents in and around your home. At Masters Touch Pest Solutions, our approach to rodent control is holistic, combining multiple methods and techniques to ensure that your property stays rodent-free.
Our trained, experienced technicians utilize the latest pest control methods, including effective exclusion techniques and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategies. We offer customized programs to help you keep your home rodent-free for years. Contact us today to learn more or to request your free quote.
The Most Effective Rodent Control For Your Home
When it comes to rodent control, you can try many different methods and strategies. However, the most effective way to eliminate rodents in your West Chester home is by enlisting the help of an experienced pest control professional. Masters Touch Pest Solutions has over 30 years of experience in rodent control and exclusion and can provide comprehensive solutions that will eliminate rodents for good.
When you contact Masters Touch Pest Solutions for rodent control services, one of our expert technicians will assess your home and identify the sources of rodent activity. We will then recommend a customized plan for eliminating all rodents from your property, whether sealing entry points around your home, installing traps or baits, or utilizing other proven methods.
Once we have installed the rodent equipment, we will return after two weeks to perform a follow-up inspection to ensure that the rodents are gone. With the help of Masters Touch Pest Solutions, you can rest easy knowing your home has protection against rodents and other pests. We back our services with a pest-free guarantee, so you can rest assured that your home is free of rodents.
As with any pest control issue, it is vital to take action as soon as possible when dealing with rodents. Whether you're experiencing a minor infestation or a full-blown rodent invasion, our experts at Masters Touch Pest Solutions can help. Contact us today for more information on our effective residential and commercial pest control services in West Chester and start reclaiming your property from these pesky invaders.